Monday, July 9, 2007

Running on Purpose


I decided to take the plunge. I have officially moved from reading blogs to writing one. I was beginning to feel a bit too voyeuristic just reading about the lives of others. I guess in a small way, now I can feel like I am somehow contributing to the community at large.

I started running about a month ago and although it was awful at first, it is now my absolute favorite time of the day. My favorite game to play is putting my IPod on shuffle and imagining the perfect movie scene for each song to play in. For instance today Third Eye Blind's 'Hows it going to be' came up. Not your ideal jogging song but a great movie song. I imagine a girl coming out of her apartment. She starts walking up a deserted street and then builds-up to running while stripping off jewelry, a bulky sweatshirt and even her shoes. Next song Stevie Wonder's 'Cheri Amour.' Great song. Perfect for the begining of a love story montage. Strolling through the park, sitting at a sidewalk cafe, walking their dog together...you get the point. Next The Rolling Stones, 'Sympathy for the Devil.' Not quite sure of the story line but lawyers are somehow involved sitting around a table laughing.

I should be spending what little time I have left learning exactly what a tort is but for now I can imagine myself as a budding screen writer as opposed to what I am actually becoming...a law student. One of the most hated individuals on earth. C'est la vie.

1 comment:

~ me said...

no no, law students are the most pitied people on the planet, they still have a chance to regain themselves....

love ya!