Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Variation on a theme


So I realize this blog is not a huge departure from my last entry but it has been on my mind for quite sometime...what I am wondering is why are some women so put together looking at all times? You know the type I am talking about, maybe you even are one! The women who look like even if they tried their hair would never be frizzy, their skin would never have a blemish and their shit defiantly wouldn't stink. You imagine that they wake-up smelling like a daisy and flashing their dazzling white smiles. When you go out with them they never drop food on their shirts, they never have sweat stains and even when it's cold out and they aren't wearing a bra their nipples never show themselves at inopportune times.

I am not one of these women. I can often be seen with a lovely shine on my face, stains under my armpits and wrinkled pants. It's not that I don't try it's just that life happens. You leave the house looking (I will admit it) pretty damn good and by lunch time you catch a glimpse of yourself and wonder, "what the hell happend?" Meanwhile you look to your left and see one of the perfects. Her hair is still perfectly coiffed, their skin is glowing, not with sweat but with that something extra that comes from expensive department store moisturizers. Her pants are still perfectly pressed and she looks relaxed and in control. Meanwhile I look frantic and messy.


This leads me to my point or should I say question. Are these women genetic hiccups? Is it breading? If it's the latter then why can't I learn the behaviors that would make it possible for me to jump into this league? I am going to have to go with genetic hiccup. I have seen wealthy women who to be quite honest would be lucky to look like the half way done version of me when they actually leave the house. I have also been in the presence of women with limited resources who still somehow manage to looking stunning.

I don't hate these women I just look at them with something akin to awe. Would I like to be them? Maybe. It sure seems like a lot of work. If it meant giving-up my coffee on the go habit (could lead to a spill right?) or take away more than an hour of much needed sleep then no thanks. But a girl can dream.

No comments: