Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Movin' on up

So as most of you know I am moving in a little over a week. I had a request to knock it off with the sarcastic posts and go back to my sentimental roots so here it goes.

Moving. I don't know why, but whenever I leave on place for another (even if it is a much needed move) I get a little teary and a bit reflective. Anyone who is over the age of 23 has moved enough times to know it's a killer on the body and soul. Moving is like closing a chapter of your life and even if you are happy to see that chapter end it still marks the progression of time.

I have been anticipating this latest move since the day I moved back in with my parents a little less than a year ago. If someone asked me at age 18 where I saw myself at age 24, I would not have said, unemployed and living in my parents back house. But as hard as this is to admit moving home was exactly what I needed. No I don't recommend everyone go live in close quarters with their parents after not being at home for over five years... but for me it was like pushing the reset button. You know like on an IPod or a computer. Its going so slow and has so many viruses that it just needs a start fresh. That was me a year ago. Burnt out, disillusioned and tired, so tired.


Well back to the actual packing. For some reason I am having a really hard time throwing things away. I feel like one day I am going end up on Oprah " women who are drowning in crap" or some such nonsense. I mean why am I reluctant to throw out a tube-top I haven't worn in years or a pair of Capri pants that just aren't in style any more? I think it's because of my damn memory again. It's like I see throwing these things out as a symbol of throwing out happy times. The mind is a crazy thing.

So I'm scared, obviously, of starting law school. Mostly because I am worried I'm not going to meet any normal people. But you know what I thought the same thing about undergrad. I loved high school and my friends and was convinced that no one could take their places but I was wrong. The friends I made in college became my family. My best friends and the people I depend on most. Maybe if I'm lucky I can make one friend like that in law school. That would make me happy. Just one normal person :)

Goal for today throwout crap and don't cry about it! Miss you guys :)

No comments: